Image may contain: Column, Pillar, Urban, Housing, Brick, Postal Office, Home Decor, Architecture, Building

Liverpool Guild of Students are holding a referendum on adopting a pro-choice stance

This coincides with the Guild presidential elections

It has been announced that this week Liverpool students can vote on whether the Guild should fully adopt a pro-choice position, whilst the presidential elections are also underway.

Although the idea to advocate this view was originally proposed at the Guild Summit in November, the democratic vote for the Change It System's idea has now been opened to all students.

Image may contain: Photography, Photo, Portrait, Dessert, Food, Text, Female, Chair, Room, Face, Apparel, Sleeve, Clothing, Indoors, Dining Table, Furniture, Table, Human, Person

You wouldn't have seen these guys last year

Despite the Guild making their pro-choice stance clear, they have still provided statements from advocates at UoL on both sides to encourage a non-biased decision.

The issue of pro-life versus pro-choice has been at the forefront of UoL debates in recent years, with the matter being raised during Freshers' Week this year, when a pro-life group were banned from the fair.

Image may contain: Text, Person, Human, Advertisement, Brochure, Paper, Flyer, Poster

These leaflets have been handed out on campus

Furthermore, the Guild asserts that the "Advice Centre provides a free, confidential, impartial and non-judgemental service for all students at the University of Liverpool, and is independent of the university."

If you're looking for another way for your voice to be heard on the running of our students' union, make sure you vote here.