Image may contain: Human, Person, Office Building, City, Town, Metropolis, Urban, Clock Tower, Boat, Transportation, Vehicle, Steeple, Spire, Tower, Dome, Building, Architecture
Breaking News

Breaking: Museum of Liverpool evacuated after man falls from second floor and dies

Armed police were present at the scene

The Museum of Liverpool was today evacuated after a man fell from the second floor and died.

Eyewitnesses report seeing a body inside a cordoned-off area around the bottom of the stairs near the reception area during their evacuation from the building.

Emergency services including the police and paramedics have been attending the scene. Reports from the Echo say an armed police officer entered the cordoned area.

Evidence bags have been removed and the scientific support team and ambulances are reported to have left. The area is currently cordoned with notable police presence.

Merseyside police have since issued a statement confirming that a 38 year old man has died from falling from the second floor atrium of the building. Another person has been taken to hospital. There are no reports as of yet to their condition.

The Liverpool Tab will keep you updated as this story develops.