Image may contain: Shoe, Footwear, Long Sleeve, Pants, Sleeve, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

Here are all your Liverpool winter wardrobe essentials

You’re welcome

Uni is stressful enough without having to worry about what to wear every morning. Here are some winter wardrobe essentials to make your life easier this semester.

The "I'm going to the gym straight after my lectures" look

Image may contain: Pants, Floor, Footwear, Shoe, Blouse, Wood, Flooring, Person, Human, Long Sleeve, Sleeve, Apparel, Clothing

It's Monday and you head to that dreaded first lecture of the week with a fresh and positive attitude; motivated to smash your goals and equipped to tackle whatever the week throws at you.

However true or untrue that is for the majority of us, we all secretly want to be in bed in our pjs wrapped up in our duvets and not in a freezing cold lecture hall. Opting for comfy gym wear is the next best thing, whether you're heading to the gym or not. Not only is gym wear comfy, but it's easy and convenient to throw together, meaning you can stay in bed for an extra five minutes before dragging yourself to that nine am. You can team your favourite leggings with an oversized graphic hoodie and an oversized teddy coat over the top to take that wrapped up and cosy feeling to class, perfect for the chilly winter mornings.

Mom jeans

Image may contain: Hardwood, Plywood, Home Decor, Floor, Sleeve, Long Sleeve, Wood, Pants, Flooring, Footwear, Shoe, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

The thought of wearing a pair of skinny jeans to uni is not the most appealing. Just the thought of the tight waistband crushing your stomach and rib cage as you're trying to concentrate in a lecture is uncomfortable. You can certainly forget about comfortably eating a guild burrito in those bad boys.

What's great about mom jeans is not only their relaxed fit, but the variety of ways you can style this 90s retro classic. You can dress them up or down, they look great with graphic tees and chunky trainers, or if you're feeling more glamorous, reach for a pair of chic ankle boots and edgy leather jacket. So, if you're having one of those "what to wear" breakdowns, start with a pair of mom jeans and just simply play around with pieces from your wardrobe.

Express your wild side

Image may contain: Pants, Indoors, Interior Design, Plywood, Hardwood, Wood, Floor, Flooring, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

Animal print has been a trend for decades, especially leopard print, yet this rather up-market designer orientated trend has made its way from the catwalk to the high street in recent years, making it a purse friendly fashion statement. Everyone seems to be wearing animal print, and loving it, as it brings an effortless sophisticated vibe to our wardrobes.

Whether you love a bold fluffy zebra knits or a funky snakeskin flare, there is a suitable animal print for every vibe and budget. Animal print expresses a rebellious style and fresh attitude, so whether you're dressing it up or toning it down, animal print is a fashion lovers bff.

Chunky Knits

Image may contain: Overcoat, Coat, Plywood, Shoe, Wood, Flooring, Footwear, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

Knitwear is the staple of any winter wardrobe, giving effortless style and ultimate comfort. Investing in some good quality knitwear is something you won't regret. A chunky knit is perfect for getting you through those gloomy winter days on campus, and even for heading out for a glamorous meal down by the docks. Whatever the occasion, knitwear is a winter must have!

Add a pop of colour to a typically rainy Liverpudlian day with a brightly coloured knit, or style a cool monochrome jumper for a toned down, yet still fabulous look. Knitwear is easy to style, cosy and most importantly, it is affordable. Another great benefit of knitwear is that it goes out of fashion at a much slower rate than many fast fashion pieces, so you can carry on wearing that 2014 Topshop jumper for many years to come.