Image may contain: Festival, Hair, Pedestrian, Crowd, Audience, Person, Human

Annoying people on campus: the daily struggles of Uni of Liverpool students

Have you ever sworn under your breath, sighed or rolled your eyes at the person in front of you for doing something ridiculously irritating or stupid before? Well you’re not the only one

On a daily basis I walk through campus, and on a daily basis I get annoyed at least once by something someone does. Be it walking with no sense of urgency, randomly stopping, or not pressing the button at the traffic lights, but waiting for the green man. Here are some more examples of the people who deserve to be branded ‘annoying’ on campus.

Slow walkers

Are you taking a midday stroll in the pouring rain or do you actually have somewhere to be? You’re casually speed walking across the campus to your next lecture when suddenly you get stuck behind a slow walker, who seems to be lacking any sense of urgency. You try to overtake them, but it’s too busy to do that. Soon enough a small crowd of other people forms behind you. Nope, guess you’re not making it to your next lecture on time after all.

Random stoppers

Is there anything worse than people who stop randomly and almost make you walk into the back of them? They always seem to stop in the most unexpected of places, like in the middle of Uni square to take yet another picture of the Victoria Gallery and Museum, but why?! You’re a second year for God’s sake, you’ve had plenty of time to photograph probably the only pretty building on campus before. If you want to take more pictures or can’t multi-task and text or send voice notes whilst walking, just use your brain and stop on the side rather than in the middle of a path would you?

Image may contain: Road, Architecture, Town, Urban, Building, Downtown, City, Pedestrian, Human, Person

Have you never seen lanterns before, babes?

People who don’t press the button at traffic lights

Crossing a road is probably something that we all know how to do, but it appears that as soon as traffic lights come into the equation, crossing the road becomes very difficult. At least for some. Pressing the button to make the lights change seems alien to some people who just stand there and wait till the lights magically change themselves. Well news flash for you guys, they won’t. Someone has to press the button. On the other hand, pressing the button multiple times won’t make the lights change any quicker (I know, I’ve tried this so many times) so give over trying to push past me to press the button which I’ve already pressed twice (for good measure of course).

Image may contain: Pump, Gas Pump, Tarmac, Asphalt, Road, Pedestrian, Human, Person, Machine, Wheel, Light, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle, Car

Red is a nice colour, don't be scared of the red in this case

Groups of friends who decide to stop for a chat on the stairs

You haven’t seen your mates for like two hours, I know you have a lot to talk about, but do you really have to do it on the stairs of 1-7 Abercromby Square which are barely big enough for an average sized human being? People do have to use those stairs to get past so you and your four mates and blocking them really isn’t doing anyone any favours. Find somewhere else to gossip about your fit lecturer!

Groups of friends who decide to walk in a straight line

Groups of friends who decide to walk in one straight line, blocking the whole footpath are more annoying that slow walkers. Who do you guys think you are, the T-birds? Also, I know you might think it’s cool to show off that you’re popular now but guess what, no one actually cares. We all have places to be and things to do.

Image may contain: Plaza, Town Square, Road, Metropolis, Pavement, Sidewalk, Walkway, Flooring, Floor, Architecture, Path, Flagstone, Town, Urban, Downtown, City, Building, Pedestrian, Human, Person

If three's a crowd, what's five?

Whoever is charge of gritting the paths and has failed to do so

Last week when temperatures in Liverpool were as low as -7 degrees, the whole campus turned into one massive ice skating rink. Whoever was in charge of gritting the surfaces on campus clearly didn’t check the weather forecast and didn’t grit the surfaces, meaning there were thousands of Bambis dancing on ice for a solid three days. If you were trying to annoy or even scare students, you succeeded.

If you’re one of the people who have made it onto this list, be aware that you’re not cool, you’re not funny, you are literally just annoying everyone else, so please stop.