Image may contain: Housing, Countryside, Rural, Shelter, Person, Human, Outdoors, Nature, City, Urban, Street, Town, Road, Building

Liverpool teen tragically dies following a suspected drug overdose

The girl, aged 19, passed away on Sunday afternoon

Merseyside Police have said a 19-year-old girl who was rushed to hospital from Hangar 34, in the Baltic Triangle, early Sunday morning has passed away.

The girl was taken to hospital by emergency services at around 2:30am. It is believed she suffered a cardiac arrest and it is suspected, although not confirmed, that the girl had taken MDMA.

A male has also been treated for taking the same drug, although he is now in a stable condition.

Recreational drug use is prevalent among students and Merseyside Police have advised that anyone present on Saturday night that may have the suspected drug on them should refrain from consuming and hand it over to them for further investigation.

Detective Chief Inspector Simon Vaughan said: "We are urging anyone who took any substances at this location, or anyone who suspects someone they know has done, to attend at their nearest hospital for assessment.

"We have launched a full investigation to establish what these drugs were and who supplied them and will act on all information to find those responsible and bring them to justice."

The force are conducting a full investigation into what happened. If anyone has any information they are advised by the police to call 101, or Crimestoppers UK on 0800 555 111.

The incident raises the question that has been around a while, should venues and clubs offer free drug testing on potency and legitimacy? Does it help safeguard party-goers, or does it simply encourage and facilitate the use of drugs.

Our thoughts are with all of her family, friends and all that knew her.

Featured image credit: Google Maps