Image may contain: Photo, Photography, Portrait, Costume, Female, Apparel, Clothing, Human, Person, Face

The 2018 Liverpool Tab-vent Calendar

A run down of all the festive events in the run up to Christmas

Wondering how to get yourself into the x-mas spirit this year at uni? Well here's a list of local events, nights out and activities this December! Get into it you Grinch.

Saturday 1st – Baltic Bazaar

Where? Hinterlands

When? 9am onwards

The Baltic Bazaar offers a plethora of creatives, makers, vintage, vinyl, confectioners, artists and independents for your unique Christmas gifts. There's also a bar and live DJ!

Find the event here.

Sunday 2nd – Baltic Triangle Christmas Gifts Market

Where? Baltic Triangle

When? 11am-4pm

Entrance is free and Baltic, as always, is hosting a wide range independent and local retailers to help you get your Christmas shopping started. There will also be lots of food on offer, so how better to kick off the season than in the independent heart of Liverpool?

Find the event here.

Monday 3rd – Get drunk on mulled wine at the Sphinx

Where? Sphinx Bar

When? 12pm-12am

What better place to kick start that festive spirit than at uni? Grab a £3 cup of hot mulled wine from the Sphinx Bar and let's make this year's last lectures merry and bright.

Tuesday 4th – Liverpool Uni Winter Wonderland Ball

Where? Revolution St Peters Square

When? 10pm-3am

Expect classic Christmas tunes songs, Christmas trees and gifts for best dressed!

Get more information here.

Wednesday 5th – Soul Jam: Fetsive Funk.

Where? Constellations

When? 11pm-3am

Get your groove back before everyone goes home for the holidays. Soul jam is always a good night out, so be sure to take advantage of the £5 guestlist before places run out.

Find the event here.

Thursday 6th – LUMS Winter Concert

Image may contain: Text, Brochure, Paper, Flyer, Poster, Advertisement

Where? Mountford Hall

When? 6.45pm-9.40pm

Soak in some Christmas musical magic at the UoL Music Society's Christmas concert. Tickets cost £1 and groups featured in the show include Stage & Screen Orchestra, Brass Band, University Singers, Concert Band, Acapella Choir and Glee Choir!

Click attending here.

Friday 7th – Mele's Club Bad

Where? 24 Kitchen Street

When? 10pm-4am

This house/techno night will get you dancing away those student-house shivers this December

Get on the ticket waiting list here.

Saturday 8th – Go ice skating in front of the Liver Building

Where? Liverpool Pier Head

When? All month, 11am-8pm

Strap on a pair of skates and run rings around the competition (or if you're anything like us, fall flat on your arse). Where more scenic to enjoy the ice than under the watchful eye of the city's two Liver birds? Oh and it's covered by the way, so no worry if it starts raining!

Book tickets here.

Sunday 9th – Christmas Makers Market

Where? Royal Albert Dock Liverpool

When? 11am-4pm

Running on both the 9th and 16th, here's another artisan xmas market to wander through in search of more quirky gifts, good food, or just to enjoy the #aesthetic.

Find the event here.

Monday 10th – Christmas Cinema: Elf.

Where? Baltic Market

When? 7pm

As part of a 3 movie night charity event, Baltic Market have gotten together with Independent Liverpool to show our favourite Christmas movies every Monday evening in the run-up to the big day. Tickets for each night are free and go live at 10am Friday, but donations between £5-£10 are encouraged – I mean don't be a Scrooge!

Find more info here.

Tuesday 11th – LOST : The Last Dance

Where? Invisible Wind Factory

When? 11pm-4pm

You can look forward to a brand new Christmas theme, visuals and inflatable props, plus the same roof-raising tunes.

Get tickets here.

Wednesday 12th – University Chamber Choir Carols and seasonal songs

Image may contain: Intersection, Bus, Transportation, Vehicle, Metropolis, Pedestrian, Steeple, Spire, Clock Tower, Road, Downtown, City, Urban, Town, Human, Person, Tower, Architecture, Building

Where? Victoria Building

When? 1-2pm

As part of the uni's music society, the choir will be performing Christmas carols along with newer music to warm up your Christmas cheer. As a part of the Victoria Gallery's free lunchtime concert series you'll be enjoying these wholesome festive tunes in the Leggate Lecture theatre (the big 'red brick' one).

More info here.

Thursday 13th – Free 90s Warehouse Rave : Xmas Special

Where? TBC

When? 10pm-3am

Acid House and Xmas Disco. Is here a better combo?

Find the event here.

Friday 14th – Get a Selfie with the Albert Dock ice figures

Where? Albert Dock

When? 24/7

This is a great festive photo-opp for a new Christmas profile picture. Take a walk around Albert Docks and check out the fantastic ice sculptures!

The ECHO have all the deets.

Saturday 15th – An Anglo-Saxon Christmas

Where? Liverpool Museum

When? 1-4pm

If you ever wondered where eating excessively and other weird christmas traditions came from, head to this free workshop to learn about the holidays as they were 1000 years ago.

Find more information here.

Sunday 16th – Christmas Dachshund Cafe Liverpool

Where? Yard & Coop

When? 9am-7.30pm

No advent calendar is paw-fect without these festive bois. In partnership with the Pug Cafe, Dachshund Cafe and Frenchie Cafe, this event promises doggy treats for our canine friends, food for humans too, festive fancy dress and lots of cuddles. Count me in.

Check it out.

Monday 17th – Get festive at the Raz

Where? The Raz

When? 11pm – you can't stand up anymore

Get on that Raz cap, neck a bottle of wine and get down to the Raz for one last dance before you go home for x-mas. On a positive note, all the freshers will have gone home on the 14th so the dance floor will be wide open for the final years to take control.

Tuesday 18th – Visit the Christmas market

Image may contain: Apparel, Clothing, Lighting, Town Square, Plaza, Metropolis, Architecture, Pedestrian, Person, Human, City, Building, Town, Urban, Downtown

Where? In front of St George's Hall

When? 11am-7pm

Food, food, food, mulled wine and food! Whether you're partial to a yorkshire pudding wrap, halloumi fries or massive sausages, the Liverpool Christmas market's got your back. Grab a bite and browse the independent stalls for some last-minute present inspo.

Wednesday 19th – Indulge in a festive Christmas Tea

Where? 30 James Street

When? All month

If you're feeling pretty extra about December and you have some money hanging around after the end of term, why not treat yo' self?

Find more information here.

Thursday 20th – Book an igloo on the water front for a bev

Where? Liberte Rooftop

When? Until 9pm

Check out the Liberte Rooftop Winter Village and book out one of their rooftop igloos to snuggle up with the special someone with Christmas.

Find out the details via the ECHO.

Friday 21st – Christmas Cinema night – Nightmare Before Christmas

Where? Palm House Sefton Park

When? 8.30pm

Among other festive showings such as Home Alone and Die Hard, why not enjoy another Christmas movie whilst surrounded by cool plants.

Find the event here.

Saturday 22nd – A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story of Christmas

Where? St George's Hall 

When? 2-5pm

A Christmas Carol – A Ghost Story of Christmas: Enjoy the spookier side of christmas with an atmospheric theatre performance of this Charles Dickens classic, tickets are £15.

Find the event here.

Sunday 23rd – Catch a show at the panto

Where? Empire Theatre

When? 10am-12.30pm

This year the Liverpool panto is Snow White. They'll have you screaming "HE'S BEHIND YOU!"

More information here.

Monday 24th – Panic buy the last of your Christmas presents with the rest of the population in Liverpool One

Where? Liverpool One

When? All day

Good luck!