Image may contain: Outdoors, Night, Fireworks

The best ways to spend your Bonfire Night in Liverpool

River of Light returns again, but not on the 5th

We all love an excuse to get wrapped up and brave the Baltic weather for some festive pints or even a cheeky hot chocolate. Even if you don't, who doesn't like a fireworks display?

So, if you're wondering of any places to spend your Bonfire Night 2018, here are the top events going on in Liverpool.

River of Light 2018

Image may contain: Person, Human, Festival, Crowd, Outdoors, Night, Fireworks

The free show, will return for another year along both sides of the River Mersey, but this time they will be taking place on Sunday 4th November instead of actual Guy Fawkes' Night.

The event will mark the end of Liverpool's China Dream season, with it's theme being based on Chinese philosophy.

There will also be music provided by Capital FM as well as food and drink stalls (or you could just hit up the Brookhouse, afterwards).

Culture Liverpool have advised those attending to arrive at around 5 pm with the display starting at 6 pm. The best places to stand if you'll be watching will be at Pier Head and the general waterfront.

Find out more here.

Mersey Fireworks Cruise

Mersey Ferries will be hosting a cruise on the same night as River of Light (Sunday 4th November).

The ferry will leave from Liverpool Pier Head at 5:15 pm and return at 7:15 pm, with live music on board too.

Tickets are on the pricey side at £20 for an adult, but if you're a big fan of fireworks this event will give you the best view of the city's biggest fireworks display.

Find out more here.

Rooftop Fireworks at HUS

HUS are hosting a rooftop fireworks display every night from Friday 2nd November until Monday 5th November, the actual day of Bonfire Night.

This event offers both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, as well as a BBQ and classic winter comfort food – think popcorn and candy floss.

As well as the actual display, which starts at 7:45 pm, the roof terrace will be open all night to take in the views and any other fireworks going off in town.

Find out more here.

Sefton Park Fireworks

As some veteran students might remember, before being held at the docks Liverpool's biggest Bonfire Night display was held in our beloved Sefton Park.

Bonfire Night in Sefton Park makes a return, with a display and a massive bonfire in the grounds of Palm House from 5:30 pm.

Tickets to this event are sold out, but you could still brave the cold with your mates and a few bevs to watch the fireworks from afar and imagine how warm the fire would be.

Merseyside Police have released a statement urging people to remain safe in the coming weeks; extra officers will be on the beat to ensure people can enjoy the festivities and still remain safe within Liverpool.