Image may contain: Clothing, Apparel, Poster, Collage, Person, People, Human

Keeping stylish in Liverpool on a student budget this autumn

Save, Spend, Splurge

The soaring temperatures of summer 2018 seem all but a distant memory as we enter the chilly autumn months, and it's time to update our winter wardrobes with some super stylish outwear. The question is, is it easy to feel snug and look stylish on a student budget? After all, we need those spare pennies for Lost Tuesdays and Heebies Thursdays.

The teddy coat

Image may contain: Sweater, Clothing, Cardigan, Person, People, Human

We’re only just entering the colder season and the teddy coat is already a winter favourite for us girls. With their fluffy and cosy fabrics, there’s no doubt you'll stay warm in the freezing temperatures, in style. "So where can I find this autumnal favourite on a student budget?" we hear you ask. You’ll be glad to know that its available in many of Liverpool's high-street stores and they're practically identical to their high-end counterparts.

Primark can always be counted on for a bargain, and with the vintage inspired teddy coat available at just £20, in beige and black, there’s no need to be missing out on this essential wardrobe filler you’ve probably been lusting over for a while.

However, if you fancy bringing more autumnal tones to your wardrobe, then go bolder for just £9.99. Find the twin version to this popular style in the colours pink, burgundy and rust at New Look, where you are also treated to 10% student discount.

If you rather make an investment, get the same look with Urban Outfitters, where you can find a wider range of colours, priced at £79.99. Whatever your budget, style this trendy attire with jeans is guaranteed to make it look like you’ve made an effort for that gruelling nine am lecture, when you're really still half asleep, or with a cute dress as you venture into Concert Square to sip on a well-deserved cocktail at the end of the week.

The aviator jacket

Image may contain: Modern Art, Art, Graffiti, Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

Aviator jackets have certainly become a bold fashion statement over the years, and despite most having a cosy faux fur lining to keep you super snug, and a detailed suede or leather finish to make it look like you’ve splashed the cash this season, you can most definitely find this take on a biker jacket style to fit your budget this year.

Head over to Topshop, a high-street favourite for students offering 10% discount everyday of the week, for the ultimate biker girl look. Their machine washable aviator jacket comes in suede and leather and never fail to make any outfit look drop-dead gorgeous. At only £65.99, compared to River Island and Warehouse’s replicates priced at a hefty £85, you’ll be treating yourself to an absolute bargain.

The Puffer

Image may contain: Female, Table Lamp, Lampshade, Lamp, Sweater, Clothing, Cardigan, Toilet, Person, People, Human

Is it even winter without a puffer jacket? They've been around for years and are both insanely practical and a real statement of fashion fun. Coming in different shapes, styles, materials and colours, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to this street style essential. The bomber puffer jacket is a perfect purchase to make if you’re after a coat with a relaxed fit and sporty laid-back look.

Primark have recently introduced a range of bold, saturated and bright puffer jackets to brighten up our wardrobes this season. At just £20, you can treat yourself to more than just one colour without any of the guilt. Compared to bigger high street names pricing their puffers at around £79-£90, such as Urban Outfitters and Topshop, the Primark version is an absolute steal.

The longline coat

Image may contain: Overcoat, Sweater, Cardigan, Coat, Clothing, Person, People, Human

Add a touch of elegance to your wardrobe this season with a classic longline coat.If you really feel like standing out in Abercromby Square, go for a cutting-edge pattern such as tartan or gingham for a contemporary chic statement. The pattern gives the style a more elevated shape, keeping our wardrobes interesting and sophisticated this season, whilst sticking to muted tones.

Build a smart and on-trend wardrobe for less with New Look's range of patterned coats, priced, very affordably, between £35-£40. Throw on a pair of jeans and woolly jumper to strike the balance between smart and cool for those busy days at uni or for a shopping trip in town. Similar but more expensive versions can be found in stores such as Mango, River Island and Dorothy Perkins.

So whatever your style, the autumnal trends can certainly fit your student budget and keep you looking fabulous all throughout autumn and winter.