Image may contain: Suit, Overcoat, Coat, Clothing, Person, People, Human

Spotted: Corbyn calling numbers at Liverpool’s Bongo’s Bingo last night

Jezza autographed a cardboard cutout of himself and was greeted with roars of ‘Oh Jeremy Corbyn’

bongo's bingo jezza corbyn

Last night in the Guild's Bongo's Bingo event, Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn made a surprise appearance.

After Jonny Bingo's lively introduction of the game and phenomenon which originated in Liverpool, Jeremy was welcomed to the stage to "rapturous applause".

After a quick plug for some of Labour's campaign promises and the Labour conference taking place in Liverpool this week, Jeremy called the first few numbers of the night and was treated to a round of the "Ooh Jeremy Corbyn" chant, before the festivities continued.

A signed, life size cut-out of the Labour leader himself was presented as one of the evening's prizes, which the real Jeremy autographed.

Jonny Bingo said: "That is truly one of the craziest parties we have done – and believe me, we have had some mad ones.

Jeremy is calling the numbers at Bongos bingo tonight

Posted by Bongo's Bingo on Monday, September 24, 2018

"It was amazing to have Jeremy and everyone on stage, the atmosphere was electric. And everyone went completely wild for Jeremy when he came on. He is a lovely guy and had the room spellbound, it was incredible to see!”

Further famous faces from the Labour Party have been in and around Merseyside this week as part of the conference, which ends tomorrow, including Ed Miliband who is hosting a quiz tonight in Liverpool.