We’ve composed a list of all the best places in Liverpool to watch the World Cup this summer

Don’t take me home…

Hide Images

The World Cup is less than a week away. It's expected that around 30,000 England fans will be travelling to Russia, but the chances are your student loan doesn't stretch to covering a month in an AirBnb to watch the biggest sporting event of the year.

We've made a list of venues in Liverpool that will be showing live matches throughout the World Cup, so you can cheer on Jordan Henderson, Trent Alexander-Arnold and the rest of the England lads in style – even if you aren't able to make it to Russia.

Bierkeller

Like most of the venues on this list, Bierkeller is showing every game of the World Cup. If you sign up for a free student card you can get £2 pints of Carlsberg, Carling, Evolution Pilsner, Orchard Thieves, Haus Cider or Haus Beer as well as 25% off food. Cheering on England in a German-themed bar may seem odd – and will probably only worsen the blow when they knock us out on penalties – but the cheap pints might just make it worth it.

O'Neills

Ireland may not have qualified for the World Cup due to that 5-1 drubbing from Denmark, but O'Neills seem to have forgotten all about that. The pub will be showing all of the World Cup fixtures across their ten screens, 3 private booths and a 78” big screen. The pub can show up to four sporting events at any one time. Moreover, O'Neills has just been named in the top ten list of venues in the UK to watch the World Cup by MatchPint. Drinks offers include 10 bottles of Old Mout cider for £35, 12 bottles of lager (Budweiser, Peroni or Corona) for £40 and then 2 gin-tonic-a cocktails for £6.

The Brookhouse

Would a list of pubs in Liverpool be complete without our beloved Brookie? The student favourite will be showing every game live in HD. The Brookie will have two big screens, including a four metre one. On top of that they have 10 large LCD screens as well. They're doing their four pint pitchers of Carling and Strongbow, as well as having teamed up with Budweiser to do some bucket deals and free pints and bottles through the freematchpint app. The Brookie is on Smithdown so chances are the pub will be easy access for most students, especially if you can't be bothered with the trek into town just to watch Iceland vs Croatia. The Brookie is a strong shout for where to watch the World Cup this summer, besides, who could forget the atmosphere that pub creates?

Posted by The Brookhouse Liverpool on Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Rileys

Rileys are offering an an upgraded VIP seat option for all of the World Cup matches – something called a 'Pitchside Ticket'. This ticket costs £13.99 and guarantees you a seat in front of the big screen. You also you get a Rileys Queensbury beef burger, fries and a bottle of Budweiser. These tickets can be purchased on their website.

Fly in the Loaf

Fly in the Loaf are also showing every World Cup match. They've brought out a special burger menu for the tournament with burgers based on past World Cup winners such as the Azzurri, a burger topped with Ragù mozzarella and pesto, and the Three Lions, a burger topped with Stilton, black pudding and pickle.