Buyers Club are holding a clubbers night to raise money for the UCU hardship fund during strikes

Pumping techno and student-worker solidarity

University staff at Liverpool and many other universities around the country are going on a 14 day strike to defend their pensions from being decimated. Whilst on strike, however, they won’t be receiving pay.

Buyers club are holding a club night in aid of the strike action run by the guild and several other societies. You can find the event page here. You can buy tickets from the guild page here.

If you want to help raise money for the University of Liverpool Universities College Union (UCU) hardship fund, join the Free Education Society for a party to help workers defend their pensions.

The night will consist of music from Rumah, who has been releasing deep and heady techno for the past few years, finally landing on James Ruskin’s seminal techno label Blueprint.

Recently Rumah has released music for Tripeo’s Wolfskuil label and has started off 2018 releasing on Dream of Dystopia offshoot Shall not Fade. 

You can find other news on the Universities College Union strikes here.