Image may contain: Urban, Building, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

BREAKING: Fire at former University of Liverpool Halls

Roads close as emergency services tackle the blaze

Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed that at 5:54pm this evening they were alerted to a huge fire at former University of Liverpool Halls, Dale Hall in Mossley Hill. Six fire engines are in attendance and fire crew are wearing breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze.

Immediately following the onset of the fire, Merseyside Police took to Twitter to confirm that roads between Rosemont Road and Kylemore Avenue in L18 were closed in relation to the incident. However, in the last forty-five minutes the temporary road closures have been lifted.

Members of the public have also shared videos and images of the scene, including this tweet from Geoff Davies.

This is not the first blaze to wreak havoc at Dale Hall. The empty building, that sits opposite the entrance to Carnatic Hall, caught fire last year and required five fire engines to get the incident under control. At the time, third year English and History student, Lucy, told The Tab, "to be honest, it was in so dire a condition, they're lucky it didn't burn down sooner."

Currently, there have been no official reports of casualties and the cause of the fire remains unknown to the public. More on this breaking news as it happens.