Private: Why you should choose a house party over going ‘out-out’ this Halloween

Stop wasting your time and your money

Halloween is the only holiday throughout the academic year that is actually worth trashing your house for. As the weather gets colder and nights darker Halloween is the perfect excuse for a mid term party. You have two options this Halloween: a Smithdown house party or Concert Square. This should be an easy choice, unless you're a fresher…

YOU CAN AVOID THE MADNESS OF CONCERT SQUARE

Halloween is the one night a year that every student and scouser alike heads onto the cobbles. Good luck getting a taxi, as they are booked in advance for days and Uber surge prices are almost as scary as the queue for LEVEL. By the time you get into a club you're sober, absolutely frozen from the October weather and really cannot be bothered to be chatted up by a guy dressed as the Sloth from The Goonies.

IT'S AN EXCUSE TO DECORATE YOUR HOUSE

Your student house mid September was dreary, dull and probably falling apart. October rolls around and your house becomes a blur of pumpkin shaped decorations and ghosts hanging from the ceiling. Not to mention the sweets everywhere. Holding a house party gives you an excuse to buy anything Halloween related, the tackier the better. Yeah, someone will probably drunkenly steal your pumpkins you spent far too long carving but it will be worth it for the party.

Spooky

YOU CAN WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT

The pressure of Concert Square to dress up is massive. You also have to think about whether you'd want to be seen in public in the outfit whether it be something ridiculous like a 'sexy bumblebee' or an inflatable penis. The beauty of house parties is you can wear anything without being judged! You can be that sexy french maid you've always dreamed of … or you can be a Lobster.

IT'S SAFER

It's fair to say house parties are a much better environment to indulge in your naughty habits, whether it be getting black out drunk or smoking till you fall asleep. At a house party you're surrounded by friends and friends of friends who are much more likely to look after you than a LEVEL bouncer. House parties have a sense of freedom that just doesn't come with going 'out out'. No dodgy men hanging around the street and no chance of loosing your mates in a five-bed semi-detached house.

HOUSE PARTIES ARE MORE FUN

House parties are infinitely better than going out, everyone knows it. They bring out that inner year 10 you've been hiding since being at uni. House parties are a rarity so when they happen, they get a lot messier than the typical night out. They're more intimate than a club – you can have a DMC (deep and meaningful conversation) or can dance on a table. Got the munchies? No problem make yourself some toast. Cold? Get yourself a jumper. Fancy the boy dressed as batman, go for it there's a spare room upstairs. House parties are full of drama, so the conversations the next day round the table will be VERY interesting.

THERE ARE NO BOUNCERS

At house parties there is guaranteed entry. You don't need that clutch bag you carry round every night containing your provisional licence. No getting kicked out because you're too drunk. House parties are free and easy and you have no chance of getting roughed up by a bouncer on a power trip cos he doesn't like the look of your outfit.

A Smithdown Halloween party is the obvious choice for this years plans. You get to experience the best parts of a night out without all the drama that goes with it. It's easier and it's more fun.

See you there. I'll be the one in the horse mask.