Smithdown Chester’s Chicken scored ZERO in its food hygiene rating

Pretty grim

0 star 1 star Chesters chicken fries hygiene liverpool ratings smithdown takeaway

Chester Chicken’s on Smithdown Road received a food hygiene rating of 0 stars out of 5 in its last  inspection in November 2016, and has been labelled as ‘urgent improvement necessary’.

In all three areas assessed by the Food Standards Agency, Chester’s was given the rating of ‘major improvements necessary’: hygienic food handling, cleanliness and condition of facilities and building and management of food safety.

Liverpool City Council told The Tab that Chester’s is currently subject to investigation, that the premises is currently rated zero and that it is subject to a statutory inspection in line with the Food Standard Agency’s Food Law Code of Practise. It is likely that Chester’s is making improvements in light of it’s current status.

Bumper Chicken on Smithdown Road received only 1 star, scoring ‘improvement necessary’ for hygienic food handling and cleanliness and condition of facilities and building and ‘major improvements necessary’ for management of food safety.

Penny, a 3rd Geography student, said: “That’s grim but let’s be honest I’m still going to go and get red salt chips when I’m drunk.”

Chester’s Chicken has been contacted but has not replied to requests for comment.