UPDATES: Four more arrested on suspicion of helping murderer Shaun Walmsley flee custody

They were caught on Friday

Hide Images

Four men were arrested in Bournemouth on Friday 3rd of March on suspicion of aiding and abetting escape from lawful custody, but have been released pending a disposal decision.

The men, two 24-year-olds from Toxteth and two 25-year-olds from Maghull and Vauxhall were arrested in connection with the ongoing investigation into the escape of Shaun Walmsley from lawful custody.

ORIGINAL ARTICLE:

On February 23rd, Merseyside Police arrested a 27-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman at a house in Norris Green on suspicion of helping murderer Shaun Walmsley escape custody on Wednesday evening.

28-year-old Walmsley went on the run after two men armed with a knife and a gun challenged the prison guards guarding him at Aintree University Hospital. He has not yet been found.

He escaped in a gold Volvo which was found in the Fazakerley area of Liverpool.

A police spokesman said: “The two people arrested have been taken to police stations on Merseyside where they will be questioned in relation to the escape of prisoner Shaun Walmsley.”

Detectives continued to search the property on Thursday night.

Walmsley was serving life with a minimum of 30 years for the murder of 33-year-old Anthony Duffy in May 2014.