Escaped murderer’s getaway gold Volvo is found

But there’s still no sign of Shaun

Merseyside police have released information today, stating that the gold Volvo used by convicted murderer Shaun Walmsley to escape prison officers after a hospital visit yesterday has been found.

Police believe the gold Volvo, registration plate number MW02 XHE, had been parked on Tuesday in the Adlam Crescent area of Fazakerley from around midday. They believe it then drove to Fazarkerley hospital, and was parked up at around 1.25pm.

The gold Volvo then reappeared at Adlam Crescent at around 8pm last night and is now being examined by forensic experts.

28 year old Walmsley escaped from the custody of two prison guards with the help of armed men yesterday. He was serving a life sentence at HMP Liverpool for the murder of Anthony Duffy in May 2014.

Merseyside Police Detective Superintendent Natalie Perischine, said: “Walmsely is a highly dangerous individual, who was convicted of a vicious and savage murder of 33-year-old Anthony Duffy, who was stabbed multiple times during the attack which robbed him of his life in 2014. He took the life of this young man in a frenzied attack and in doing so ruined the lives of his victim’s family and friends.

“We will be relentless in our pursuit of Walmsley and the men who helped him to escape and we need the public’s help to find him and put him back behind bars. We are particularly interested in speaking to anyone who may have seen the Gold Volvo used in the incident. We believe it was in the Adlam Crescent area from around noon yesterday and then was abandoned soon after the incident in Adlam Crescent. We would appeal to anyone who saw the car being abandoned to come forward as they could have vital information for our investigation.”

The police are advising the public not to approach Walmsley if they see him, as he could be in the company of the others who helped him escape and they are believed to be armed. Walmsley himself is also described as dangerous.

The Police have called for anyone with information as to their whereabouts to contact the police on 999, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.