You can now make your own G&T at an Allerton restaurant

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Gin lovers, our dreams have just come true.

Verdant Restaurant on Allerton Road is set to bring in a range of gins, tonics, garnishes and syrups to their menu so that visitors can make their own perfect combination, starting on February 1st.

Bar manager Kevin Shine told us, “I have carefully chosen 18 gins to suit any palate, I have 12 mixers and over 40 garnishes, ranging from Rose petals to cherry tomatoes. Lavender. There is a concoction for everyone. It’s up to them to decide what it is in our ‘DIY, build it yourself’ Menu. If you don’t know what you like our menu gives a brief background and taste profile of the gins.

I have been in contact with people who work for the gins and gathered all the information required to come up with the now, tried and tested, perfect serve. With the garnishes to bring out the best of each botanical in each gin.”

The menu was decided through months of thorough research from the team and hosts all our faves and some rarer bottles, including Bombay, Beefeater 24, Hoxton, Liverpool Organic Gin, Copperhead and Portobello Road No. 171.

On the tonic front, expect the classic elderflower alongside rose lemonade, cucumber, and ginger ale, to be garnished with lavender, grapefruit and rosemary and thyme.

The fun comes at a price however – gins start at £6.50-£7.50, mixers are an additional £1-£2.50, but the first three garnishes are free.

Let’s be honest though, it’ll be worth it.