There’s a pay-what-you-want restaurant opening in Liverpool

It’s going to be open on Slater Street for five days in February

liverpool pay what you want slater street wreckfish

Pop-up bistro Wreckfish is opening in the Ropewalks area of Liverpool from the 15th – 19th of next month.

According to the restaurant’s Facebook page diners will choose to pay how ever much they think the meal is worth; all money taken during the week will be put into a crowd-funding campaign to raise the £200,000 needed to get the restaurant running full time.

wreckfish

Photo courtesy of Wreckfish on Facebook

Wreckfish, which is located between Seel Street and Parr Street, will be serving evening dinners to 30 guests on Wednesday 15th, Thursday 16th, Friday 17th and Saturday 18th and Sunday lunch on the 19th.

A sample menu courtesy of Wreckfish on Facebook

Gary Usher, the brains behind Wreckfish already runs successful restaurants in Chester, Heswall and Manchester. He said: “We want the experience to be totally raw- yes the food will obviously be a focus but ultimately it’s the immersive experience we want the diners to enjoy.

“We’ve had amazing support from local businesses who have offered everything from kitchen equipment and water pipes to chef’s offering to pot-wash.

“We’re not a faceless, corporate business, we just want to offer local neighborhoods amazing food and the chance to grow with us, which is why we’ll also be looking for Liverpool chefs to ultimately join Wreckfish.”

To find out more and reserve a table, information is available on the Facebook event.