Constellations in jeopardy as MORE flats could be built on the Baltic Triangle

Not again 🙁

The joy of getting Juicy back has suddenly been dampened, as more flats set to be built on the Baltic Triangle could put the beloved venue Constellations in jeopardy.

Plans have been submitted to Liverpool council aiming to build a nine-storey block of 164 flats on the site of former carpet warehouse Bogan’s on New Bird Street. The proposals also request permission for 98 car parking spaces and storage for 164 bikes.

The plans could jeopardise venues as residential areas can lead to noise complaints, forcing the licensing of venues to be changed and leading them to closing earlier, or all together. The plans are yet another threat to Liverpool’s budding night life.

new bird st constellations

The news comes after last month’s threat to Kitchen Street, which could see 200 flats built near the venue.

24 Kitchen street posted their frustrations on Facebook, writing;

“Another application by the same Isle of Man developer as next door to us, this time next to Constellations, The Baltic Warehouse, Hanger 34 etc etc.

“As with our development, they’ve found that they need less acoustic insulation than normal in the city centre. Interestingly, they conducted their noise survey on a Monday, so obviously it’ll accurately reflect night-time activity in the area…

“Great to see they’ve got loads of car and bike parking spaces. They’ll need those as there will be nothing to do within walking distance

#savenightlife #saveourculture

We’re waiting to hear how you can help Constellations, but here’s how you can help Kitchen Street in the mean time.