Simple Fashion Ideas for the Fall

With a change of season comes a change in fashion

campus style fall fashion fashion winter fashion

It’s strange to think that summer is long gone and we’re now well in to winter, bringing with it frosty mornings, hot chocolate and of course those dreaded end of semester deadlines.

With summer bikinis now all but a distant memory, browning leaves falling all over campus and the temperature dropping at an alarming rate, let’s embrace the festive season with some winter-worthy fashion. I mean, why shouldn’t we? Winter fashion is stylish and practical- with our two looks below you’re sure to be the best-dressed babe in the SJ.

Look 1: Minimal chic

A warm knitted turtle neck dress is perfect for the colder climate – not too thick to have you sweating through your seminars, but warm enough to keep you sheltered from the biting breeze we know all too well here in Liverpool. Pairing this dress with a boyfriend blazer style coat is a match made in heaven. The boyfriend blazer is a classic winter staple you can’t go wrong with. It gives you that extra warmth and still looks stylish, that’s always the goal.

Get the look:

Grey Turtle Neck Dress – Boohoo

Black Boyfriend Blazer – Boohoo

Black Lace up Cut Out BootsEbay

Look 2: Fresh & festive

Ripped boyfriend/mom jeans are possibly the most popular item of clothing across campus this semester. If you like to keep it stylish and trendy, ripped turn up jeans and a deep red turtle neck is definitely a winning combination. The split top shows just the right amount of flesh for this time of year when it’s far too cold for cropped tops.

Pairing it with a sleeveless duster coat definitely pulls the look together. In winter you would probably need all the layers you can get but for the occasional day where the temperatures rise above 4 degrees, this outfit is a winner. Lastly, tartan socks tie in well with the red and black theme of this outfit and simple black brogue-like shoes are great for stomping through those crunchy leaves.

Get the look:

Red Turtle Neck – Boohoo

Black Sleeveless Duster Coat – Boohoo

Ripped Mom Jeans – New Look

Tartan Socks – New Look

Shoes – New Look