Liverpool Primary School on lockdown after reports of a clown with a knife nearby

It’s not even Halloween any more

A school just accross the river in Wallasey, the Wirral, has been put under lockdown after reports that a man in a clown mask and armed with knives was seen in the nearby area.

Merseyside police confirmed they were called to reports of a man wearing a face covering and in possession of Kitchen Knives on Northbrook Road.

Armed police rushed to the scene to search the area, finding a 31-year-old man from Birkenhead at a house on the road. He was swiftly arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon and taken to a police station for questioning.

Somerville Primary School on Northbrook road is said to have been placed under lockdown to protect the children. School officers put special measures in place to ensure the pupils were safe.

Koreen Reynolds posted in the “Wallasey Gossip” Facebook group that a man in a “clown mask” had a “massive knife” which he waved in her face.

Jade Pritchard added to the reports, posting that she heard shouting and saw a man with a mask on “chasing other mums with their kids.”