An extensive guide to eveything you can do in Liverpool this Halloween

There’s so much more than Concert Square

CIRCUS echoes halloween hot plate level liverpool what's on

In a city where there’s always something going on, Halloween is always a big deal.  This year, avoid being the person stuck in the middle of concert square, crying because you can’t find a taxi while all your friends are sailing in to events they booked tickets for weeks ago.

Echoes

Everyone’s new favourite event returns to the Invisible Wind Factory on Friday 28th with a Halloween special.  From the people who brought you Abandon Silence, Echoes is sure to be a hit. With state of the art new light and sound displays, Echoes is a sure fire guaranteed boss night. The new venue is still in its infancy and has already created a lot of buzz from its ENRG events as well as previous Echoes nights. With Hunee and Jeremy Underground on the bill, you’d be stupid to miss out.

Tickets are £10 plus booking fee.

I’m sure you’ll be this cute on Halloween x

Hot Plate

Straight out of Tottenham, CASisDEAD is taking the starring role in 24 Kitchen Street on October 28th, alongside Merseyside’s own Aystar.  £10 may seem a bit steep for a ticket but that’s what you get for not booking ahead – and if grime is your thing then this is an event not be missed.

Circus & Seth Troxler present… Big Tittie Surprise, 28 Raves Later

If day parties are more your thing, hit up Camp & Furnace for a lineup like no other on October 29th. Kölsch, Seth Troxler, Nic Fanciulli and Eats Everything and more announced with plenty of surprises in store, this themed night is one where anything goes. Camp & Furnace is always a fair shout when it comes to putting on an epic show, and Circus is notorious for being one of the best events this venue can put on. Tickets are sold out, but if you’re so desperate to go, be a keeno and post on the event every minute, every hour until you can get your hand on a last minute ticket. Be prepared to pay a lot, but it’ll be so worth it.

Circus is lit

MODU:LAR’s Halloween Ballroom

Head down to Hardman Street on the 29th for ‘a straight up, no nonsense party that’s all about the *music*’.  Now, as pretentious as that may sound MODU:LAR is looking like it’s going to be a night to be remembered.  With a £30 bar tab for the best costume on the night and student tickets at a bargain £5 this is looking like it could be one of the cheapest options.  If you’re feeling live music in a venue close enough to town to pop in when you’re getting Baa Bar withdrawals, Buyers Club is the one for you.

Coccoon at Asylum

It’s back – one of Liverpool’s most infamous Halloween events at Newsham Park Orphanage and Asylum has returned for another year.  A RAVE IN AN ACTUAL EX MENTAL ASYLUM. Tickets will set you back £15 for this spectacular on Saturday 29th but it’s sure to be a big one.  With hospital beds still set up in one of the dance rooms and the building still somehow maintaining an eery “shit it’s going to fall down” vibe, this venue is easily the best one in the city this Halloween. The event is split in to two parts: part one is 2pm to 10.30pm at Newsham Park and features Sven Väth, Ilario Alicante,Tim Green and Jemmy.  Part two is between 10pm and 4am at the much more easily accessible O2 Academy and is hosted by 303 Liverpool: Timo Maas, John Graham aka Quivver, Stuart Hodson, Samuel Lamont, Gemma muir and special guests: Dense & Pika. You will never forget your time here, trust us.

This is an old mental asylum, there will be a day party here. Thank you in advance.

Horse Meat Disco

The Merchant, notorious new home of Juicy, is hosting a ‘killer session of tried and tested underground disco’ on the 29th and it’s as free as the ground you walk on.  It’s on Slater Street, so you’ll be risking the age old search for a taxi by 3am, but they do sell pizza in there.

Sessions Faction Halloween

Another free party on the Monday 31st that makes a nice change from Seel st and the like is happening at Constellations, a unique, lively venue in the heart of the Baltic Triangle. If bass music is your thing and the Raz queue is making you question your sanity, make the walk to Sessions on Monday for a different sort of Halloween night out. With Dalema, Focus and K3LT and more on the lineup, expect an eclectic mix of garage, UK Bass, grime, hip hop and Drum & Bass music all night. Sessions Faction is keeping it varied and exciting; this night is perfect for those who want to avoid the whole area of Concert Square on Halloween.

Level

Or, when all else fails our trusted Level are hosting a special haunted asylum event on Monday 31st, promising a ‘thriller stage show’,  ‘terrifying giveaways through the night’ and a ‘zombie flash mob’.  Level is one to divide opinion on a normal night but it does seem to be pulling out all of the stops this Halloween. I guess worst comes to worst, Level is always a fair shout.