Far-right ex-Liverpool student received 220 votes in by-election

He was running for the murdered MP Jo Cox’s seat

| UPDATED batley and open buck by far right jack Liberty GB liverpool student

Jack Buckby, who studied Politics at the University but was expelled in 2013, forced a by-election in the Batley and Spen constituency earlier this year, having stated that the Labour seat should not go unchallenged after the murder of MP Jo Cox in Yorkshire.  He was standing for the party Liberty GB.

Jack was beaten by Labour MP Tracey Brabin who gained 85.8% of the vote in the constituency. Other parties, such as the BNP and the English Democrats and a number of independent candidates also beat the Liberty GB candidate. The Conservatives, the Lib Dems and the Greens all refused to contest the seat in respect to the murdered MP Jo Cox who died after being shot and stabbed outside her constituency surgery in Birstall, Yorkshire.

Buckby, a former BNP politician,  ran not under the party name Liberty GB, but with their slogan ‘No to terrorism, Yes to Britain’ on the ballot.

Liberty GB is an ‘Anti-Islamisation’ party that calls itself a ‘radical patriotic conservative’ organisation. The party’s ‘mission statement’ on its website states that its aim is ‘to put a stop to our rapidly accelerating descent into economic, educational, moral, cultural and social ruin’.

The poster from Jack Buckby’s twitter feed

On his personal website, Jack claims that he was  removed from Liverpool university ‘for refusing to abide by politically correct school rules, and for calling out lecturer Dr Leon Moosavi for attempting to justify the murder of soldier Lee Rigby’. Buckby claims that in an article on the University of Liverpool website, Dr Moosavi suggested that the attack was ‘legitimate ‘dissent’ against UK foreign policy’.

Buckby tweeted after the election stating that he’d never expected to win, and that ‘leftist rape deniers’ were laughable thinking that he might have expected it.

Five days ago, Liberty GB released a video on their Youtube channel in which Buckby gave Labour candidate Tracey Brabin a cake iced with the words ‘Muslim Rape Gangs’.