Unite Students are building even more halls

They’re taking over

| UPDATED accomodation lime street unite students

Unite students are bringing a new £70 million project to Lime Street Station, with 1,085 beds for students by the 2019/2020 academic year. Unite already provides 10 halls of residence in Liverpool and over 3,400 beds.

The site had quickly gotten planning permission in a short space of only 6 months and is being designed by architect Falconer Chester Hall and structural engineer Meinhardt, with the Applied Energy company from Surrey. Richard Simpson, managing director of property for Unite students has said they are “delighted to have secured planning consent” and called Liverpool “one of the UK’s most popular university cities”. He went on to say that the development would “provide a safe and secure home for students”. But will they ever get to see the Carnatic moat?

the site of the new build

The New accommodation will be for both John Moores University and University of Liverpool students, but we hope there’s room for them to avoid each other. With student numbers rising in their thousands at Liverpool universities every year, the expansion is needed in order to cope with, in Richard Simpson’s words, “the strong demand for student accommodation”.

Next to all the pubs and clubs and the busy life of Liverpool town centre the build is definitely well place, but considering it’s tipped to become the accommodation to be at by 2020, it’s looking like it’s going to leave Crown Place, Vine court and Cambridge Court in the dust.

We’re sure the locals will have something to say about the new renovations though, and current students are hoping that the new builds won’t stop new students going to Carnatic and Greenbank, the University halls.