So you’re going to your first Abandon Silence…

How do you dress for the journey from fresher to crackhead?

abandon silence bucket hat drugs House lads liverpool night out techno

Echoes: The Launch is upon us. But hold on – let’s talk about your outfit first. You can’t wear your Topman shirt or Missguided baby-pink playsuit in here. Ooohhhh no. If you want to go to Abandon Silence, you need to be Abandon Silence. Feel Abandon Silence. Grab a red stripe and prepare to learn while you gurn, children of techno.

The Bucket Hat

It works because it’s ironic – bucket hats are so 2015 but it shows how few fucks you give if you wear one this year. Plus the brim hides your pupils from the bouncers. Marijuana prints are only accepted if your cheekbones make up for it.

The Adidas Jumper

It needs to be vintage, preferably bought in a store in Amsterdam but eBay might do (just lie). The more disgusting the colour combination the better. We’re talking yellow, purple, orange and neon green. And obviously you need the stripes, because otherwise you’re a no-one.

The Water Bottle

Normally you pick one of these up inside, but why not go rogue and show how prepared for a live night you are by bringing an empty one ready? For ‘I do this every weekend’ take a simple Highland Spring. For chic water consumption grab a Smart water and if you want to go big, go Vos.

The Tobacco

Filters, rizla, baccy (preferably amber leaf). Take a lighter. Take 6 lighters. How else will you find an after party?

The Jacket

You’d better have your waviest jacket at the ready. That topshop number won’t do. Where is the Adidas? Where is the vintage Tommy? Where is the EDGE?

The Choker

You won’t get in without one. It’s the techno law.

The Trainers

If you don’t wear Adidas superstars with 3 black stripes they probably won’t let you in. Stan Smiths and you might pass, but defo not in pink.

The Mom Jeans

Abandon Silence is the home of the mom jean: blue, black, Topshop or vintage Levis, if you don’t have them you aren’t worth asking for a lighter in the smoking area. For bonus points add some glitter or embroidery. The deeper the pockets the better. You know why.

Bum bag / Rucksack

The most important part of your kit. We’re taking 80s patterns, psychedelic and holographic materials. This holds your ID, your £10 notes, and your stash. If you’re on the prowl, take a toothbrush – dry mouth in the morning is a thing girls.

The Red Stripe

Is there another drink? Mix with MDMA for extra freshers fun.

The Chewing Gum

Take a 6 pack. It’s your first time, so you’ll probably need a 6 pack. Take some bonjela as well for when you bite your cheek.