Smithdown Road Festival is back this September

Just in time for the students return, Smithdown Road festival is bringing a day of live music back to Liverpool.

freshers liverpool party Road smithdown smmithdown students uni

For one day only, Smithdown Road festival is back, hosting free live music and stalls to welcome the students back to the ‘pool, with a ‘Student Party’ bonanza.

The one day event on the 24th September is promoting and supporting local up and coming acts from Liverpool and follows the May bank holiday bonanza earlier this year.

Photo: The Smithdown Road Festival Student Party Facebook Event

The Facebook event page states some of the acts announced so far, “the likes of Voo, The Boston Shakers, Nick Ellis and more already confirmed – there are still another 40 acts to be announced in the coming weeks!

It’s not just music either: iconic Smithdown venues such as Evil Eye, Kelly’s dispensary and Frank’s Bar have also been mentioned as being involved in the party. There is also going to be a stage especially for the University of Liverpool Band Society.

We spoke to Jack Narey, a member of Band Soc and guitarist in the band ‘Swearwolves‘ who are playing at the Band Soc stage in Frank’s bar at 7pm. He said: “We’re really looking forward to playing this gig because hopefully there’ll be a lot of freshers there who won’t have seen us before.

The Swearwolves

“One of our favourite gigs was at the Cavern in bandsoc’s ‘Battle of the Bands’ so it’ll be great to play with other band soc members again. Plus we haven’t gigged since before the summer as we’ve spent most of the last few months recording demos which are up on our soundcloud.”