Liverpool is FINALLY getting 24h busses!

Arriva and Stagecoach wil both be introducing them

arriva bus liverpool

Arriva and Stagecoach buses will be running their 86 and 86A bus service 24-hours-a-day from September,  Sunday the 4th.

This is great news for students across Liverpool as we’ll no longer have to fork out the expensive taxi ride home after a night out.

The 86 and 86A will be running “all night, every night” from Liverpool One bus station via Smithdown Road and Allerton to John Lenon Airport, and vice versa.

Buses are to leave Liverpool One every 30 minutes between 12.29am and 4.59am. The Arriva 86A will leave at 29 past the hour and the Stagecoach 86 service will leave at 59 minutes past each hour. The ordinary daytime timetable and route will follow on from 5.24am.

Bet she wishes she was stroking the 86

However, the Stagecoach 86 service will only run between Liverpool One and Penny Lane. The Arriva 86A will continue on to Liverpool South Parkway Station and Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

Normal ticketing will apply, including multi-journey saver tickets – find out more on Arriva’s website.

Jack, a second year Politics student told us, “FINALLY. I’m so glad that Arriva have arrived in the 21st century. The move will be so helpful for students, especially as we’re all poor.”

Louise, a second year English student said,
“This is great news! Looking forward to seeing the hilarious contrast between the 699 into town and an 86 back home.”