Special Bongo’s Bingo being held to fundraise for Charlie’s Chance

All the profits will go towards funding transport and treatment for leukaemia patient Charlie

bongo's bingo charity Charlie's Chance Johnny liverpool

Jonny Bongo and the team behind Bongo’s Bingo will be donating all of the profits from this Saturday’s event at Camp and Furnace to Charlie’s Chance, a Go Fund Me page set up for Charlie Fearns, in a bid to help him achieve his fundraising target of £140,000.

Charlie Fearns, from Litherland, has relapsed for the third time with leukaemia and urgently requires a CAR-T transplant only available in Seattle. Currently he is being treated at Alder Hey in Liverpool but the specific treatment he requires is unavailable in the UK.

Bongo’s Bingo, Liverpool’s latest export to cities across the UK, has seen previous surprise live performances including David Hasselhoff, B*witched and Ms. Dynamite. This Thursday’s ‘normal’ event is sold out and the team are hoping to sell out again on Saturday to raise as much money as possbile for Charlie.

On Saturday, prizes will be donated by local businesses to ensure the event raises the maximum amount for Charlie. Bongo’s Bingo are also calling for anyone to donate as prizes. They said “We are also looking for offers of prizes from sponsors (and just nice people) so we can give all the money to wee Charlie.”

Charlie’s dad, Rob Fearns said:

“We were delighted when the Bongo’s Bingo team offered to dedicate a whole night to Charlie’s Chance. We’re so excited to be there on the night! The treatment in Seattle is a pioneering treatment with high success rate so it’s vital we can get him there. I want to say the biggest thank you from the bottom of my heart from everyone who has helped support the campaign and given Charlie a chance!”

In a Facebook post, Bongo’s Bingo wrote:

“We’re delighted to announce our forthcoming Saturday Special for Charlie’s Chance! A special local lad, Charlie is in need of treatment in USA for his debilitating illness. This is going to be a super boss bingo for a super boss cause!”

Charlie’s Chance Bongo’s Bingo will take place on Saturday 9th July with tickets available for a suggested donation between £10 and £20 here. You can also donate to Charlie’s Chance via their Go Fund Me page.