University of Liverpool ranked 59th in the Guardian League Table 2017

But we came first in the country for anatomy.

guardian hope jmu John Moores league liverpool liverpool hope rank ranking subject tables university of liverpool UoL

The University of Liverpool was ranked 59th in the country by The Guardian University League Table 2017 today, beating Liverpool Hope which placed at 79th and John Moores, who came in at 84th.

Liverpool was beaten by the likes of Oxford Brookes, Coventry, Keele, Aston, the University for the Creative Arts and Northumbria.

John Moores saw a shock fall from last year’s rankings, dropping 26 places down the list. Liverpool Hope rose 25 places. The University remained stable, having been ranked 59th in the country by the Guardian last year as well.

Liverpool University was given a total of 60.1/100, scoring highly on student satisfaction with course and teaching, but losing out on spend per student and value added score (where students’ individual degree results  are compared with their entry qualifications, to show how effective the teaching is).

However, Liverpool University did better in the subject tables, coming 1st in the country for Anatomy and Physiology, 5th in Nursing and Midwifery, 19th for History, 7th in Forensic Science and Archaeology, 10th in Chemistry, 7th for Philosophy, 7th for Earth and Marine Sciences and 6th for Dentistry.

Liverpool Hope ranked above the University in Politics and Psychology. John Moores placed higher us in Business, Management and Marketing, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Pharmacy and Pharmacology.

The University of Liverpool came 25th in the country for Medicine.

The Guardian also revealed that the University of Liverpool has more female students than male, with the girls filling 53.6% of the student population. 87.7% of the student population at UoL was educated at state school.

The Guardian table is based upon course satisfaction, teaching satisfaction, feedback satisfaction (all based on the National Student Survey results), staff-student ratio, the amount spent per student, the average entry tariff through UCAS, the value added score and the career score (the percentage of graduates from the university who find graduate-level jobs within six months of graduation).

The whole table can be found here.