BNOC 2016: The Final

This is a popularity contest.

2016 big name on campus BNOC Liv liverpool uni UoL

Nearly 5,000 of you voted over the last two weeks, and our group of 12 lads and ladesses vying to be crowned BNOC of the Year 2016 has been cut down to just 3. It’s time to pick your favourite and vote at the bottom of the page. Here are your Big Name On Campus finalists 2016:

Alex Wood Ballard aka ‘Concrete Alex’

Number of group-round votes: 385

A first year English student, ‘Concrete Alex is involved in both the Sphinx and Ellipsis, did athletics for a term, and has recently started playing volleyball. In her own words, she’s known for flitting between Manchester and Liverpool, and breaking into abandoned buildings.

What the nominations say: “She’s baddest bitch in UniLiv.”
“The queen of mess.”
“Got the name concrete Alex because the first time we met, she got so drunk she fell over onto the pavement at Greenbank Halls and knocked herself, therefore having to go to hospital.”
“She fought a concrete pavement with her head.”

What Alex says about making the final: “She came, she saw, she conquered the floor”.

Abi Ridley

Number of group-round votes: 1,000

A third year geography student, who plays hockey for the university and in her spare time is “University of Liverpool Manager’ for The Times. In her own words she’s “Reigning in the SJ, Meal deal level: expert” and a pro at “getting library boyfriends”.

What the nominations say:”Self confessed queen of the SJ / Geordie girl with a VIP Edge.”
“If you’re on first name terms with the chesters staff then you are a bnoc aren’t you.”
“She’s got with half the cricket team.”
“Got asked to open a franchise in newcastle by the owner of chesters, got a business plan underway as we speak.”
“Only the real queen of the library has a special agreement with the lad on the desk to get her library fines wiped.”

What Abi says about making the final: “LET’S ‘AV IT”. All right, love.

Hugh Jeffery

Number of group-round votes: 501

A third year economics student, and the social sec for the rugby team. In his own words: Middling degree. Mediocre winger. stats : 36 , sub 5 pint. (No, we don’t know what that means either.)
What the nominations say: “He drinks his own urine.”
“Boozing social sec.”
“Mediocre – in every way.”

What Hugh says about making the final: “They call me buy one get one free because I’m a big deal.”

Who’s your BNOC 2016? Vote now: