LGBT+ Society’s charity event is going ahead

It’s raising money for the Michael Causer Foundation

Despite communication errors with the guild, LGBT+ Society’s event ‘The Charity Extravaganza’, which is raising money for the Michael Causer foundation, is now still going ahead.

The event will take place in Mountford Hall at 7.30pm on Wednesday 18th May. Tickets are £2 and can be bought from the Guild website or on the door.
There will be a runway fashion show with clothes provided by LJMU’s fashion department as well as the first ever genderqueer fashion line Bull and Dagger.

Photo credit: Nicole Stoddart

There will be a talent showcase along side performances from 24 Drums, Bandsoc, Street Soc, LUDS and LUST, with the night closed by a drag DJ.

The Michael Causer Foundation aims to educate young people on LGBT+ issues through school visits by young LGBT+ people in the area.

So far LGBT+ Society have raised £430 for the charity through bake sales and tickets already bought.

Giuseppe, a Zoology third year and LGBT+ Society’s social secretary and next year will be the society’s president said:

“It is extremely exciting to be working with an influential charity such as the Michael Causer Foundation. Being able to aid the incredible work they do, especially in such a fun-filled manner, is an honour, and we hope to strengthen our bonds with this charity going forward from this event.”