There’s going to be a danceathon for charity in the Guild

With added glow sticks and rave lights

alex ferguson Danceathon fergie guild Health and Wellbeing week

The danceathon will take place on Thursday 12th May, 12-2pm in Mountford Hall and  aims to help raise money for mental health charity ‘Mind’ as part of Health and Wellbeing Week.

It’s an opportunity for anyone to give Zumba and many other styles of dance a go for over two hours. It’s free to join and RAG will be collecting donations on the day for mental health charity Mind.

The dacenathon will be taking place in the Guild on the 12th May

Water and fruit will be provided at the event and there will be showers available.

In preparation for the beginning of exam period, Health and Wellbeing Week begins on Monday 9th May and offers a range of activities and sports for free across the university.

Alex Ferguson, Deputy President of the Guild, said: “Summer is just round the corner and we thought because the exam season is looming and everyone likes to dance – why not do some exercise?

“So for a couple of hours in the Mountford, you’ll have the chance to drop in, dance your socks off, and get a bit of exercise at lunchtime.

“Our societies have been great, trained instructors from Cheerleading and Dance will be leading the session.

“We’ll have glow sticks, rave lights and disco beats – and you can turn up in whatever you want to wear.

“Also it doesn’t matter if you’ve never danced before, this is open to absolutely everyone.”