Liverpool rise up in the Complete University Guide rankings

We’re getting better

liverpool rankings university

The Uni of Liverpool has risen in the Complete University Guide.

We went up from 39th place to 38th, while JMU fell 6 places from 68th to 74. Hope rose 14 places from 97th to 83rd.

The table is based on 10 measurements; Student Satisfaction, Research Quality, Research Intensity, Entry Standards, Student: Staff Ratio; Spending on Academic Services; Spending on Student Facilities; Good Honours degrees achieved; Graduate Prospects and Completion.

Dr Bernard Kingston, principal author of TheCompleteUniversityGuide.co.uk, said: “There is a considerable degree of stability at the upper end of the league table this year.

“While dramatic changes may be newsworthy, this stability indicates that the rankings are robust and credible for young people seeking a university place – our primary purpose.”

The website also released information about the amount of complaints received by institutions, stating that Eighteen universities and colleges have more than ten unresolved complaints per 1,000 students, and we were one of them.

We were also in the top ten universities with the highest number of complaint letters received per 1,000 students, racking up a huge 19 complaints per 1,000 students between 2012 and 14.