The Guild has threatened to cancel LGBT+ society’s ball

They’d rather screen a live football match

ball Football guild lgbt lgbt society liverpool UoL

LGBT+ society have been planning a charity ball but the Guild is threatening to cancel it if they don’t sell enough tickets.

The ball, called ‘The Charity Extravaganza,’ is to raise money for the Michael Causer foundation, a charity that works with less fortunate LGBT+ youth in Merseyside and tackles LGBT+phobia. Tickets to the event cost £2 and all the proceeds go to the charity.

A public status on Facebook claimed that the LGBT+ society booked Mountford Hall in the Guild to host the event but the Guild gave them the wrong dates and double booked the room.

They went on to claim that the Guild have now told them that they have to sell 250 tickets or they cannot use the room and a football match will be screened there instead. LGBT+ members have been plugging the event on facebook in public statuses in an attempt to sell enough tickets for it to go ahead.

One of the Facebook statuses

LGBT+ were hoping to hold the event on Wednesday the 18th of May, starting at 7.30pm and going on until 1am. The ball will include a catwalk that members of LGBT+ society will walk, dressed in garments prepared by Liverpool John Moores fashion department and the first ever gender-queer clothing line. There will be performances by Street Society, 24 drums, live bands, singing showcases and influential drag DJ sets.

LGBT+ were approached, but refused to comment.

Tickets for the ball can be bought on the Guild website here