Will we retain our crown at Varsity tomorrow?

Forget Liverpool v Everton next week: UoL vs LJMU is the most important derby of the year.

au guild jmu UoL Varsity

The biggest day in the Uni sporting calendar has finally rolled back around.

It’s been one of the most hotly anticipated events of the year since it began way back in 1993 but Varsity is still the one day a year we can show off our sporting prowess against our arch-rivals in an effort to keep our throne and bragging rights.

We smashed JM-WHO last year, so to ensure as many of us go and support this year we’re being treated to a free shuttle bus between the Guild and Wyncote Sports Ground between 12pm and 5pm.  If you do make the trip you’ll be treated to Football kicking off at 1:30pm, Hockey between 1pm and 2:30pm and Rugby League and Union between 2pm and 3:30pm.

The full itinerary for tomorrow

If you just can’t wait until tomorrow and need to get in that varsity mood as soon as you can, Trampolining, Jitsu, and men’s Basketball all take part tonight.

Or just in case you’re not hyped up enough yet, here is the official trailer, complete with tense music, dramatic close ups and featuring some of our very own sporting stars.

Get your foam fingers crossed, your chants written and keep that team spirit high.