Snow fell in Liverpool this morning, and it’s set to last until Easter

It looks like it’s going to be a wintry few months

liverpool Merseyside rain snow spring weather winter

Snow fell across Liverpool this morning in the unlikely month of March. 

There wasn’t exactly a blizzard blizzard in the early hours of today, but the white stuff has layered the streets this morning across the Merseyside area.

The Met Office had issued a snow warning yesterday, their website stating that:

“A band of rain, sleet and hill snow is expected to cross Northern Ireland on Thursday afternoon, moving into northern England, north Wales and parts of southern Scotland during Thursday evening and night.

“Snow is not currently expected to be disruptive at low levels in most areas, although small amounts are likely in places and ice may prove a hazard on untreated surfaces.”

The snow was patchy across different parts of Merseyside, with the City Centre staying relatively clear. The early hours of the morning saw a thicker setting but as day light set in, it  seemed to be melting away. The Met Office predicts the snow could last up until 3pm today.

Experts warn that we should expect a ‘white Easter’. The Met office expects temperatures to drop later in March and even through April, with more rainfall which could turn to snow if temperatures fall to freezing conditions.

And just when we thought we could ditch the scarfs.