A new concept store is coming to Bold Street

It sells products from local designers

REX: The Concept Store is setting up its second venue in the former HMV store on Bold Street, and is expected to open in time for Easter.

REX is a independent retail store, showcasing art and products from local designers.

Selling everything from art, fashion, vintage, toys, accessories, homeware and gifts, it aims to promote and support local businesses and entrepreneurs.

Photo credit: Independent Liverpool

The retailers at REX constantly change, as businesses can rent out a variety of spaces and times to suit their own needs.

It has an existing store in on the first floor of the Metquarter shopping centre which has been a huge success and labeled by Independent Liverpool as “the place where ideas and dreams can become a reality” for local businesses.

Photo credit: Liverpool Echo

Matt Bell, Director at Revolver Retail, said: “We want to create a space on Bold Street where people come not just to shop, but to socialise, collaborate and be creative.

“Bold Street is steeped in history with not just local businesses but brands that have gone on to be internationally successful stores, so where better to continue the REX journey?”

Gary Carney, also a Director at Revolver Retail, added: “Bold Street has been, and still is to this day, a hot bed of innovation.

“In recent years we’ve seen some fantastic additions to the street in the form of bars and restaurants, now it’s time for a retail resurgence on one of Liverpool’s grand old streets, and we think REX will fit in well to what is already a thriving independent community.”