Pole Dance society are doing a show for charity

The line up of acts ranges from burlesque to chair balancing

charity pole soc show society

Liverpool University Pole Dance Society are putting on a their biggest show of the year on Friday 26 February, where the proceeds will go to the Michael Causer Foundation.

On top of the professional and student pole dance performances, you can expect burlesque, circus acts, hula hoop, stilt walkers, street dance and chair balancing acts.

The event is also organised in collaboration with Street Society, with support from LGBT+ Society and RAG Society.

The show will take place at 7:30pm with doors opening at 6:30 in the Mountford Hall, and Alex Ferguson is said to be comparing the acts.

A representative of Pole Society told The Tab: “As a committee we spent ages deciding on which charity to raise awareness and money for, for this academic year. We wanted a local charity and we researched into local LGBT charities.

“The Michael Causer Foundation stood out to us, because it aims to provide education, motivation and accommodation for young LGBT people, challenging injustice and prejudice against the LGBT community.

“The charity was founded in memory of Michael Causer, who’s life was taken in 2008 following a brutal attack.

“We really hope the university will get behind us and support/aid us in raising as much awareness, not just for the MCF but also LGBT community, which coincides with LGBT History month.

“We would love it if anyone interested in supporting the LGBT community and/or has an interest in performing arts or alternative acts comes to the show! Everyone is welcome.”

Tickets are £7 for students, and £9.50 for adults, which can be purchased here.

You can find the Facebook event with more detail about the performers here, and contact the Pole Dance Society here.