There’s going to be a free festival on Smithdown Road

It will take place between Saturday 30 April and Monday 2 May

april burrito evil eye Festival help the homeless may Road smithdown Smithdown Road

There will be lots of music, food and art with stages at iconic Smithdown venues like Evil Eye, The Brookhouse and Kelly’s Dispensary.

One of the organisers of the festival Andy Scott told The Tab: “I think students will be interested in the Smithdown Road Festival, because it’s a brilliant free event in the middle of student-ville!

“We want to bring the whole area together for an awesome weekend of bands, art and food across all the great bars and cafes – and everyone knows that students are right at the heart of this community!”

The festival will end with ‘Food Bank Holiday Monday’ which after success last year led to over half a ton of food being donated to those in Liverpool who need it most.

The initiative is easy – bring £5 worth of shopping to donate to the Central Liverpool Foodbank and in return you can claim a boss burrito from Evil Eye for a quid.

Beth Meadows, a second year and President of the Help the Homeless society told The Tab: “Food Bank Holiday Monday is a fantastic idea that our society would whole heartedly support.

“Food banks have become desperately needed over the past few years, so this idea will really help to support some of the most vulnerable people in Merseyside.

“Everyone has something to offer, even just a tin of beans in the cupboard – so encouraging people to give is a great way to help those who need it within the community.”

The first wave of bands is going to announced in the next few weeks – stay up to date on their Facebook page here.