Look how festive The Guild was today

We tried to interview Santa

Harry Anderson and his little helpers exceeded expectations in bringing true Christmas cheer to Liverpool today.

Starbucks handed out free festive coffee samples as roaring fireplaces appeared on TV screens and classic yuletide tunes played.

There were also a Santa, elves and a real life reindeer on campus.

Natasha, a third year maths student told us: “It’s great, definitely getting everyone in the festive mood.

“We waited for the reindeer all day and have been wearing Christmas hats all morning, it’s been a great day.  We love the free stuff too.”

Caitlin, a second year business management student said: “It’s so nice to see The Guild so sparkly.

“The decorations are so much better than anything I’ve got in my house.  I never thought I’d be able to sit on Santa’s knee at this age, so today my Christmas wish came true!”

At midday two reindeers arrived with some boss Scouse elves in tow, getting even the biggest Scrooge in the festive spirit.

Just having a snack mate

The best part of the day was the Christmas carvery, £5 got you two slices of turkey, roasted potatoes, mixed veg and gravy.

We asked second year Communication and English student Jane what she thought of her first brussel sprout experience: “I wasn’t expecting much because my family don’t like them – and I found it today that liking them is actually genetic.

“I am pleased I like them and trying new food has added even more excitement to Christmas at The Guild.”

Eventually we got to speak to the big man himself.  Santa C.

We had big questions, and all we wanted for Christmas was answers.

The Tab: “Santa, have you bought Adele’s new album?”

Santa: “Who?”

“How successful do you think Jeremy Corbyn’s first few months as labour leader have been?”

“Who?”

“What would you have named the Kardashian-West baby?”

“Who?”

So, more Who Who Who than Ho Ho Ho in the end, but he’s a busy man, and we did get a selection box.