First known British victim of Paris attacks was Liverpool graduate

He was selling merchandise at the Bataclan concert hall

arts Attacks batalan concert hall Eagles of Death Metal france French Graduate IS liverpool nick alexander Paris student terror terrorism uni of Uni of liverpool university of liverpool

The first known British national killed in the Paris attacks has been named as Nick Alexander, a former student at the University of Liverpool.

Nick Alexander, from Colchester in Essex, was selling merchandise for the US band Eagles of Death Metal at the Bataclan concert hall.

Nick was an arts student at the university from 1998 to 2002.

Nick Alexander, one of many victims of the Paris Attacks

He had also worked as a tour merchandiser for Yusaf Islam (formerly Cat Stevens), and the rock band Fall Out Boy.

When he wasn’t touring as a merchandise manager, he DJ’d at a club night at the Colchester Arts Centre, regularly attracting a sell-out crowd of 400 people.

The 36-year-old’s family released a statement saying: “It is with huge sorrow that we can confirm that our beloved Nick lost his life at the Bataclan last night. Nick was not just our brother, son and uncle; he was everyone’s best friend – generous, funny and fiercely loyal.

“Nick died doing the job he loved and we take great comfort in knowing how much he was cherished by his friends around the world. Thank you for your thoughts and respect for our family at this difficult time. Peace and light.”

Nick Alexander’s girlfriend, Polina Buckley, tweeted after the attacks begging for information about Nick’s whereabouts.

She later posted images of the couple, with emotive messages of love and the hashtags #fuckterrorism and #iwillalwaysloveyou.

One of the tweets from Nick’s girlfriend

A Go Fund Me page has been set up in Nick’s honour. $53,136 has already been raised although a destination for the funds is yet to be decided.