Smithdown roadworks will ruin your journey to uni

Don’t even bother with that 9am.

Residents of Smithdown will be travelling through the Liverpudlian equivalent of Mordor these coming months as road-works lasting until 30th November will be plaguing the area.

The resurfacing taking place on Ullet Road and Greenbank Drive, forcing buses and motorists to drive on a restricted lane, and a one way system running between Rumney Road and Melrose Road is causing a shit storm of congestion.

As if it isn’t bad enough having to take out a pay-day loan just to get a yearly pass, we’re now going to have to tackle getting out of bed earlier just to get to uni on time.

Luke Hackett, a second year Law student said: “It added a good five minutes on to my journey this morning so I was even later to the lecture I was already late to.”

I love your work

Students would be forgiven for thinking we’re being invaded by an army of builders round Liverpool with works not just on the roads but on campus as well.

Freshers this year will be lucky to find a picture of campus worth putting on Instagram that isn’t hashtagged along the lines of #mybuildingsite, #builderswag, or #ihopehewolfwhistles.