Liverpool soars to top 10 in the world for Veterinary Science

JMU didn’t even feature on the table

Liverpool uni was in the top 200 in the QS World University Rankings, beating JMU again. 

Determined by a unis academic reputation, employability and research impact, the rankings have placed the Russell Group uni as the 151st overall and 9th in the World for 2015/16.

Climbing the ranks

While being slightly lower than Cambridge, the Royal Veterinary College and other Scottish Vet Schools, Liverpool outperformed Bristol and various other prestigious American, Australian and European Universities.

While Liverpool came out on top with a world ranking in the top 200, JMU did not feature in the league table.

Liverpool also previously smashed their way to the top of the Veterinary Science league table in the Guardian’s 2015 University Guide, which is usually dominated by Cambridge, with 95 per cent graduates finding employment or further study within six months.

Vet second year Sophie told The Tab: “I’ve really enjoyed my time at Liverpool so far and I feel that the course is great for giving me the skills and knowledge I need for when I graduate.”

Over recent years, Vet students at Liverpool have experienced innovative changes to the curriculum, new laboratories and new teaching methods, which have helped the Uni to rise up the rankings.

As a result the future certainly looks bright for the current and potential Vet students of studying at Liverpool.