Dun Know: Lethal Bizzle announced as Freshers headliner

DON’T LEAVE IT

It’s been a secret for weeks, but yesterday The Guild finally revealed the Mystery Welcome Ball act and headliner.

The British rapper, best known for his 2004 hit “Pow”, is set to join other acts like Danny Jones from McFly and Wilkinson.

The news has sparked outrage across campus. Geography student Jordan David Smith was particularly disappointed with the reveal.

He told The Tab: “Oh god, no one likes him. The Guild have really copped out by getting him. Compared to DJ Fresh last year he’s awful.

“I mean he did Worcester uni last year, so I’d expect us to have better acts”
Third year Josephine Harmieson shared a similar opinion. She said: “I have him on Snapchat and I find him so irritating.

“I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to see him live though, he has some catchy tunes. I’d go for the humour, rather than a genuine enjoyment for his music”.

In contrast, some soon-to-be freshers have been showing their excitement on twitter:

Vice President of the Guild, Emma Sims, assured the line-up isn’t one to miss.

She told The Tab: “There’s something for everyone in this year’s line up, whether you like a drink, or just chilling watching a film, there’s going to be loads of opportunities to meet new friends that you’ll keep for life.”

However, forget Bizzle, she’s more keen to see that American flute bloke, “I’m going to be completely honest in saying I am genuinely most excited to see Azeem, he’s actually coming from California to play the flute in Liverpool Guild!”

Freshers week will be held at the guild on campus, from the 19th – 27th September.

Wristbands for the events come in various packages and are available to purchase from the Guild’s website.