Legendary Liverpool crowned fourth most friendly city in the world

Even more popular than Manc

city friendly liverpool louis bever Rough Guide

A new poll by readers of the travel guidebook Rough Guide has revealed Scousers to be among the friendliest people in the world.

This well-deserved achievement follows last years win of top UK city and third destination in the world to visit in 2014.

Rough Guide commends super Liverpool for its ‘magnificent municipal and industrial buildings’ as well as its ‘fine showing of British art in the celebrated Walker Art Gallery and Tate Liverpool’, leftovers from it’s stint as European City of Culture in 2008.

The title goes on to praise the ‘multitude of exhibits in the terrific World Museum Liverpool, and a revitalized arts and nightlife urban quarter centred on FACT.’

Home of the friendly Scousers

The poll put fun Scottish city Glasgow in first place and Dublin followed closely behind in second place. Meanwhile, our local rivals Manchester only just scraped into the top 10, coming a respectable, if not lack-lustre 9th position.

The only non-UK entry to feature in the top 4 was the frenchy-dominated capital of Quebec, Montreal which took the bronze medal for it’s “colourful, engaging and welcoming” vibe.

Definitely friendlier than London

Second year Chemist Luke shared his thoughts on the news, he said: “One of my best course friends is a scouser, I guess they’re alright.”

Pharmacology second year Rob agreed. He told The Tab: “Scouser’s are sound. The taxi drivers are cool and always up for a chat.”

Earlier in the year, Liverpool was also named the fourth best tourist destination to visit in the UK from TripAdvisor. Viva la Liverpool.