Our reign is up: John Moores voted better than us in uni rankings

JM-better-than-you

better campus competition guardian liverpool rankings satisfaction students subject worse

It’s time to drop the bashing 699 chants, as our dad is no longer better than theirs. In fact, our dad has been brutally sacked.

The Guardian have released their League tables for 2016, which place rivals John Moores above us overall – making them the best university in Liverpool.

They were placed 58th, and we just missed out on the lead at a heart breaking 59th.

Since the 2015 league tables, John Moores have leaped up 22 spots, while we dropped from 45th to 59th.

Enemy territory

The rankings were partly based on factors like student satisfaction, as well as academic results.

Despite getting the better overall ranking, we managed to bag the top spot for most individual course rankings – apart from all the important ones like English, Maths and Business.

Oh, and that uni we call “Hopeless”… yeah, Hope Uni are better than us at Philosophy.

The Guardian didn’t completely boy us off though, as Liverpool Uni came first for Anatomy and Human Biography, third in Nursing and sixth in Dentistry.

We’re also really good at Orthoptics and Radiography.

Not all is lost

We’re also more employable than our friends down the hill. 73.8 per cent of Uni of students are employed within six months, compared to the 61.8 per cent at JMU.

Second year Engineering student John Williams transferred from John Moores to Uni of for his second year, and isn’t surprised by the results.

He said: “I am not surprised to be honest. The facilities there are much better, and the people are a lot friendlier in my opinion.

“Even in terms of organisation and lecture structure, I found John Moores was better.

“The reason I transferred was pureley because of the name.

“The sad reality is it looks better to employers to have a Russell Group degree under your belt.”