Inflatables, booze and tight shorts: Sports fiesta is this weekend

It’s all in aid of Alder Hey charity

| UPDATED au campus fiesta Football inflatables lacrosse liverpool netball piss up play rugby Sports students university wyncote

Sports Fiesta is back this Sunday to raise money for the Alder Hey Children’s Hospital.

Sports across campus will be represented including Rugby 7s, Netball, Hockey, 7-a-side Football and Lacrosse. All abilities from pro to amatuer are invited to compete.

Niall MacSweeney of the Rugby Mad Brad’s Rugby Mad Lad’s Rugby Union Football Club said: ” I am very excited for this Sunday. Our team reached semi-finals last year but didn’t win, this is our chance for a comeback.”

He is also especially enthused by the inflatable gladiator ring and food provided by the popular Travelling Pig Hog Roast company, with options of a hog roast, speciality burgers and sausages.

Legging it for the burgers

Over 800 players are expected to participate on the day, with an after-party held at Revolution St. Peter’s Square.

Wristbands will be available on the day for £3 each, which allows entrance into the club and a free shot on arrival.

This year’s chosen charity Alder Hey relies on donations to fund life-saving equipment and pioneering research, as well as extra facilities that will improve the children and their families’ experience in the hospital.

The Sports Fiesta will start at 10am on Sunday the 3rd of May at Wyncote sports ground.