Hooray: Garlands will finally reopen its doors next month

It was shut down after a drugs bust earlier this year

clubbing concert square cool it event drinking drugs drugs raid garlands garlands liverpool gossip! Merseyside police

After being closed for three months, Garlands will be back open for business in May. 

The club, on Eberle Street, was shut down in February after it was discovered class A drugs were being “dealt openly” on the premises.

It is now set to reopen, but with strict regulations meaning the toilets will be staffed at all times.

They also have to upgrade their CCTV and implement a new drugs policy, which will be reviewed regularly.

Adam Stevenson, from Cool It! Events, told The Tab: “We cannot wait for the Gossip! reopening party on Thursday 28 May back at its iconic home, Garlands.

“We have received an overwhelming response since the reopening announcement and will be working very hard to ensure it’s a fantastic return.

“Expect some extra special entertainment.”

Loyal fans launched a petition which had over 2,000 signatures back when the club was initially shut down.

Devastated clubbers also held a protest outside Liverpool Magistrate’s Court in a bid to save the much loved venue.

Footage from the raid back in February

Garlands fan and second year Will said: “I’m looking forward to it being opened again.

“Having been there when it was raided, I’m excited to get back in the basement and get my five pounds worth finally.”

Ryan, a Sciences student, added: “Garlands was always such a fun night, so I’m so excited it’s reopening.”

The last Garlands Bed-Lam events have been held at O2 Academy Liverpool, but just as Dorothy says in The Wizard of Oz, “there is no place like home”.

Garlands will open its doors once again on Saturday 23 May, and the legendary Gossip! will return Thursday 28 May.

140 police officers raided the club three months ago, arresting two men.