Emergency services found man collapsed in City Centre flat

He was brought out on a wheelchair and sent to hospital

ambulance city centre collapsed drugs flat hospital liverpool man police wheelchair workers

There was a heavy police and ambulance presence in the city centre today after a collapsed man was discovered. 

The man, believed to be in his thirties, was found on Hotham Street off London Road this morning.

Several police cars and an ambulance caused congestion in the centre due to an incident that is believed to be linked with a similar incident on Sunday where the bodies of two people were found in a flat on the same road.

A man living in the building told the Liverpool Echo he was “absolutley fed up” of living there. He added: “drug addicts kick the door down to get in. It’s a disgrace.

“Someone overdosed last week. That’s the state of affairs we’ve got here.”

Jay Rimmer a nearby workman said: “It’s so bad here. Worst place where you can work”.

Another added: “There’s some flats where the police apparently turned up and pushed the door through to get into the building.

The police are believed to have been called to the scene at 10.15 this morning and stayed for around an hour.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said a man has been found collapsed in flats on London Road and paramedics were in attendance.