Multiple men arrested on Smithdown after massive drugs bust

120 officers stormed eight properties this morning

drugs drugs bust kevin wilson police smithdown

Seven men were arrested today for drugs related offences following a police raid on Smithdown.

Just after 7am, over 100 officers executed warrants to search properties near where Kevin Wilson was shot dead.

The blitz is part of a three phase operation targeting those involved in gun and gang related crime.

Police recovered what is believed to be class A and B drugs from the house after a tip off from neighbours.

Superintendent Jenny Sims said: “Today is about disrupting criminal activity and showing the many decent people, who live in areas where gun and gang crime has been an issue, that we are there for them.

“Information from our communities is vital in helping us to build up evidence and take robust action against those who are causing misery on our streets through fear and intimidation and the use of firearms.

“Only last month 17 year old Kevin Wilson was shot dead near to the junction of Holmes Street and Smithdown Road.

“As a result we are determined to send out a message to those involved in gun crime that we will work hard to build up an evidential picture and we will arrest you and put you before the courts.

“It may take time to build up that evidence, but we will not rest until those involved in gun crime are brought to justice.”

There will also be an underwater search in Princes Park today.